October 25

Commenting Tips: The Dos and the Don’ts

• ALWAYS be Specific. Don’t just say I really like your blog, video, picture, etc. Go into detail, say why you like it. EX: I really like your blog because you get straight to the point; I also like your writing style, you’re persuasive and bold.
  • Leave Positive feedback. When you comment on something please don’t be rude. If you are rude, before you type something that might ruin someones day, say this in your head; “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”
  • Add some Factual content. If you know something about a topic, don’t be shy add a fact. But only add a fact if you know it’s 100% true.
  • Make a Connection. Try to build a relationship with someone, you might make a new friend. When you are trying to make connections, don’t be weird about it. Just start with; “Hi! My name is ______, what are your interest? Oh really? Me too, I thought I was the only one that watched Fairy Tail!”
  • Ask Questions.  It’s good to ask questions; weather it was about the author or what they posted. Keep the conversation going.
  • Compliment the Writer. Please compliment the author, or ask them how their day is going. You may not think it does much, but you might of just made that persons day.
  • DON’T “SPAM.” Please do not repeat or “SPAM” comments. This is probably one of the most annoying things you can do to someone on the Internet. Don’t SPAM.
  • Use Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
  • No Text-Lingo. When you are commenting do not use the texting language please; because believe it or not, not everyone knows what LOL and OTP means. Examples of what NOT to do: #yolo, LOL, OTP, SHIP, U, C, etc.
  • Proofread. Proofread or reread what you have read before you send it out for everyone to read.
  • URL. Include your URL in your comment so that the person you sent the comment to, can check your blog out.
  • DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION. Okay this one is extremely important so pay attention. If you give your personal information to a complete stranger; they might stalk you, steal your identity, rob your house, or you might just become good friends who live really close. But please don’t play with the odds. Examples of what NOT to give out; full name, address, ID number, etc.

These are all the tips I have for you today, but if you know another tip feel free to tell me. Do you know anymore tips, and what’s your favorite tip?

Posted October 25, 2015 by alexisas21 in category Uncategorized